DELTA (Modules 1 & 2 Integrated)
Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
Delta is one of the best-known and most popular advanced TEFL/TESOL qualifications in the world. It is a flexible way for experienced English language teachers to progress further in their careers. Delta is ideal for those wanting to update their teaching knowledge, improve their practice, climb the career ladder and stand out in the market.
Experienced teachers of English who:
• are already teaching and want to improve theirs skills;
• hold a certificate-level teaching qualification (e.g. CELTA or ICELT);
• want to elevate their career to the next level and apply for more senior roles;
• aim to gain valuable skills for career progression;
• seek to become better able to critically examine beliefs and practices;
• would like to facilitate their progression to an MA TESOL;
• want to take pride in a certificate that is accepted globally.
The entry requirements are:
• being at least 21 years old;
• having an advanced level of English which is sufficient to participate effectively in the course (CEFR C2);
• having an initial teaching qualification (e.g. CELTA, ICELT);
• having teaching experience in different contexts.
Programa do curso:
A blend of practice and theory divided focussing on:
• Understanding Language, Methodology and Resources for Teaching;
• Developing Professional Practice.
The units of learning of the course are:
a) Theoretical perspectives on language acquisition and language teaching;
b) Different approaches and methodologies, including current developments;
c) Language systems and learners’ linguistic problems;
d) Language skills and learners’ problems;
e) Knowledge of resources, materials and reference sources for language learning;
f) Key concepts and terminology related to assessment;
g) The language learner and the language learning context;
h) Preparation for teaching English to language learners;
i) Evaluating, selecting and using resources and materials for teaching purposes;
j) Managing and supporting learning;
k) Evaluation of lesson preparation and teaching;
l) Observation/evaluation of other teachers’ lessons;
m) Professionalism and opportunities for professional development.
You will be assessed in two different ways on the course.
During the course you will manage a portfolio of coursework, including observed lessons and background written essas, which are assessed by the course tutors, and an externally assessed lesson observation. This will grant you the Delta Module 2 diploma.
At the end of the course there is a written examination which includes two 90-minute written papers with a 30-minute break between each paper. The examination is externally set and marked. This will grant you the Delta Module 1 diploma.
SEVEN takes the responsibility to offer you the best tutors in the market. All our tutors are extremely experienced, fully qualified and approved by Cambridge: English to run CELTA courses. Apart from that, all our tutors have excellent interpersonal skills and are capable of providing candidates with the necessary support to succeed in the course. All our tutors are guided by SEVEN’s values of ethics, respect, and truthfulness.
Henrique Moura is a CELTA, ICELT and Delta tutor, and a CELTA and Delta external assessor. He has worked with ELT since 2002, teaching general English at all levels of proficiency, and special courses of phonetics and phonology, translation and subtitling, and post-proficiency maintenance courses. He has assessed CELTA courses in Brazil and abroad. Henrique has worked as a course designer, and is currently the coordinator for the teacher development courses at SEVEN Idiomas. He is also a Cambridge: English speaking examiner (YLS and KET-CPE). He is currently pursuing an MA in Teacher Development.
Debora Schisler has a degree in Anthropology from the University of Indiana, USA. She also has an MA in Applied Linguistics from PUC–SP. She is a CELTA, ICELT and Delta tutor. Debora is currently the academic director for SEVEN Idiomas.
SEVEN is one of the most reputable language institutes of Latin America which:
- has been training the best teachers since 1986;
- has solid presence in the market, with branches all over the metropolitan area;
- has dependable facilities and tutors;
- has great student satisfaction;
- has a convenient location;
- offers a variety of course days and times;
- offers a variety of teacher development courses in all areas of development (language, teaching and school management);
- is based on ethics, respect and truthfulness towards staff and students;
- dynamic input sessions;
- is focused on results;
- has flexible solutions for different cases.
COURSES IN 2017
|D1-2017||March 20th to June 26th (Part 1)
August 9th to November 8th (Part 2)
|08h00 – 12h00|
|D2-2017|| August 9th to November 8th (Part 1)
March 14th to June 13th (Part 2)
|Wednesdays||08h00 – 12h00|
Rua Antonio Carlos, 319
Consolação – São Paulo – SP
(2 blocks from Avenida Paulista)
12x R$ 700,00 + Cambridge Fee and IOF
The exam fee is not included.
What is the discount policy?
15% off for SEVEN staff
10% off for former students
10% off for two friends on the same course
5% off for lump sum payment
*The discounts are not cumulative
(11) 2392-0017 / (11) 9 5413-6846CLIQUE AQUI PARA MAIS INFORMAÇÕES!