In-Service Certificate in English Language Teaching
- Open doors to the best schools in Brazil and abroad!
- Improve your skills in your current role!
- Understand the principles behind your practice!
- Deepen you knowledge and develop your ability to reflect on teaching!
- Aspire to more senior positions, become a coordinator or a teacher trainer!
- Keep abreast of the newest trends in ELT!
- Climb the career ladder in ELT!
Experienced teachers of English who:
- are already teaching and want to improve theirs skills;
- want to deepen their methodology knowledge of teaching;
- aim to have hands-on teaching practice in their own context;
- want to extend their familiarity with resources and materials;
- need to consolidate and refine their lesson planning;
- would like to receive feedback from experienced trainers;
- need to build their confidence as teachers;
- seek to hold senior teaching, coordination and school management positions.
The entry requirements are:
- being at least 18 years old;
- having an advanced level of English (high C1 on the CEFR);
- having a standard of education equivalent to that required for entry into higher education;
- being a practising teacher with at least 500 hours of experience;
- having an initial teaching qualification (desirable).
Programa do curso:
A blend of practice and theory divided into three components:
- language for teachers;
The units of learning of the course are:
- language knowledge and awareness;
- the background to teaching and learning English;
- resources and materials;
- planning and management of teaching and learning;
- evaluation, monitoring and assessment;
- professional development;
- language for teachers.
On the course you will:
- have a minimum of 120 contact hours with tutors;
- teach 4 assessed lessons at different levels;
- work on 4 language development tasks;
- write 4 methodology assignments;
- have between 150-300 hours of reading, research, lesson and assignment prepapration;
- have directed observation of 8 lessons.
On a continuous basis. Teaching, writing assignments, working on language development tasks, observing other teachers, and managing a portfolio.
There is no final examination. You will be graded and assessed by the tutors on a continuous basis. An external moderator, appointed by Cambridge: English, will visit the course in its later stages to moderate the assessment.
The course is divided into three modules, but you need to pass all of them in order to gain your qualification.
SEVEN takes the responsibility to offer you the best tutors in the market. All our tutors are extremely experienced, fully qualified and approved by Cambridge: English to run CELTA courses. Apart from that, all our tutors have excellent interpersonal skills and are capable of providing candidates with the necessary support to succeed in the course. All our tutors are guided by SEVEN’s values of ethics, respect, and truthfulness.
Debora Schisler has a degree in Anthropology from the University of Indiana, USA. She also has an MA in Applied Linguistics from PUC–SP. She is a CELTA, ICELT and Delta tutor. Debora is currently the academic director for SEVEN Idiomas.
Henrique Moura is a CELTA, ICELT and Delta tutor, and a CELTA and Delta external assessor. He has worked with ELT since 2002, teaching general English at all levels of proficiency, and special courses of phonetics and phonology, translation and subtitling, and post-proficiency maintenance courses. He has assessed CELTA courses in Brazil and abroad. Henrique has worked as a course designer, and is currently the coordinator for the teacher development courses at SEVEN Idiomas. He is also a Cambridge: English speaking examiner (YLS and KET-CPE). He is currently pursuing an MA in Teacher Development.
Rosana Nucci is an experienced ICELT tutor. She has over twenty years of experience in teaching English as a Foreign Language to different age groups and levels of language instruction (CEF A1 to C2), as well as a Cambridge English Speaking Examiner and Team Leader. She specialised in courses at advanced levels, such as Phonology of English and English Language and Culture for Teachers, as well as preparation courses targeted at students sitting for international exams (Cambridge English Main Suite, BULATS, TKT, IELTS, TOEFL). As course and training coordinator, was responsible for the design of courses and tests for adolescents and adults, as well as special courses for teachers aiming at the improvement of both language use and methodological knowledge and skills. She was also a school manager. Now she develops and delivers training courses in collaboration with client HR departments with an eye to achieving measurable results of corporate education solutions.
SEVEN is one of the most reputable language institutes of Latin America which:
- has been training the best teachers since 1986;
- has solid presence in the market, with branches all over the metropolitan area;
- has dependable facilities and tutors;
- has great student satisfaction;
- has a convenient location;
- offers a variety of course days and times;
- offers a variety of teacher development courses in all areas of development (language, teaching and school management);
- is based on ethics, respect and truthfulness towards staff and students;
- dynamic input sessions;
- is focused on results;
- has flexible solutions for different cases.
COURSES IN 2017
|IC1-2017||February 24th to June 30th (Part 1)
August 11th to December 15th (Part 2)
|Friday||14h45 to 18h00|
|IC2-2017|| August 11th to December 15th (Part 1)
March 2nd to June 29th, 2018 (Part 2)
|Friday||14h45 to 18h00|
Where does the ICELT happen?
Rua Antonio Carlos, 319
Consolação – São Paulo – SP
(2 blocks from Avenida Paulista)
How much will I invest?
12x R$ 550,00 + Cambridge Fee
US211 + IOF ( until May 2017)
15% off for SEVEN staff
10% off for former students
10% off for two friends on the same course
5% off for lump sum payment
(11) 2392-0017 / (11) 9 5413-6846CLIQUE AQUI PARA MAIS INFORMAÇÕES!